Welcome to Photos to Art! Our Services and Products are provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
Privacy and Other Terms
User Content Guidelines
Users of Photos to Art must adhere to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to remove or reject any User Content that may conflict with these guidelines. Gross or repeated violations may result in restrictions on or termination of your use and/or account.
- Intellectual property violations. Users must honor the intellectual property rights of others. Users shall not post or distribute content to which they do not own the copyright. In addition, users shall not post or distribute images or other content that (i) is an unauthorized reproduction or modified version of a copyrighted work, (ii) features the brand, logo, trademark, trade name or trade dress of any other person or entity, or (iii) infringes any third party's rights of privacy or publicity.
- Illegal Acts. Users shall not post or distribute content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offenses, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability under or violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Hate and social intolerance. Users shall not post or distribute content that contains hate or racial intolerance or advocates violence or ridicule against any individual, group, or organization.
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia. Users shall not post or distribute content that displays illegal drugs or the paraphernalia used for them.
- Language. Users shall not post or distribute content that features excessive profanity or sexually explicit language, defamatory statements, or remarks that disparage or ridicule other people.
- Pornography. The Site is not a place for erotica or adult content that crosses the line from art into pornography. We understand that our users may be interested in all varieties and types of images that may include nude figures and affectionate activity. These are legitimate subjects of artistic portrayal. However, under no circumstances shall users post or distribute X-rated or hard-core images, sexual images involving children, images that depict graphic or deviant sexual acts, amateur porn or any paraphernalia involved with this type of activity.
- Violence. Users shall not post content that contains overt or gratuitous violence or images of crime-scene photos, morgue shots or violent depictions or human organs and body parts, or images that promote suicide.
- Other harmful or offensive materials. Users shall not post content that a reasonable art observer would find offensive or art that (i) is libelous, (ii) promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or otherwise; (iii) is harmful to or exploitative of children; or (iv) is otherwise illegal. We reserve the right to finally determine the appropriateness of all images posted to our site.
- Misrepresentation. Users may not falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation, or affiliation of their content, with any other person or entity in any way.
- Commercial activity. Users shall not post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, mass mailings, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes" or other such solicitations.
The list above is not an exhaustive list of unacceptable content. Rather, it is a set of guidelines for our users to follow. We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether content is in compliance with our User Content Guidelines.
User Content Rights
You retain ownership rights to any images you upload, post, or otherwise transmit to the Site (“Image Content”). We will only use your Image Content for the purpose of processing and fulfilling your orders. However, if you upload, post or otherwise transmit non-image User Content like reviews or comments, we reserve the right to use such non-image User Content in any manner we deem appropriate, including in our marketing materials.
We reserve the right to preserve and/or disclose any and all User Content (including Image Content) if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal requirements, enforce the terms of this Agreement, respond to any claims that User Content violates the law or rights of third parties, or to protect the rights of Murigo Art, its users or the public.
Access to Uploaded Images
Photos-to-Art is NOT an image storage and/or hosting service. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have back-up copies of your uploaded images. The images you upload will be accessible to you on the Site for periods ("Accessibility Periods") in accordance with the following terms:
Images Uploaded via the Website
- For an image that is uploaded, but for which Services have not yet been purchased ("Unpurchased Image"), such Unpurchased Image will be accessible to you on the Site for thirty (30) days from the date the image was uploaded or the last date you returned to the Site to modify, update, or otherwise interact with such image, whichever period is longer.
- For an image that is uploaded and for which Services have been purchased ("Purchased Image"), such Purchased Image will be accessible to you for thirty (30) days from the date of the purchase (or repurchase). If during the thirty (30) day period, you return to the Site to modify, update, or otherwise interact with such Purchased Image, the image will be accessible to you either for the time remaining on your thirty (30) day "Accessibility Period" or for an additional thirty (30) days from the date of any such interaction, whichever period is longer.
- For users without an account, we regret to inform you that you need to create an account before using the ‘Photos-to-Art’ service. This is to ensure that we will be able to track images uploaded by users and you retain ownership rights to any images you upload, post, or otherwise transmit to the Site (“Image Content”).
If you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The site and services and products are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basic without warranties of any kind, express, or implied. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but now limited to warranties of title, or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. You expressly understand and agree that use of the site and the services and products is at your sole risk. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to back up your content.
Changes to our Photos-to-Art Policy
If we change our Photos-to-Art Policy, we will post a new version on our Website, which will become effective when posted. The new policy will apply to all current and past users of the Website and will replace any prior policies that are inconsistent with it.
Updated as of February 7, 2017